The Rules Of Cricket
A jpg from a digital camera taken in a local park in New Jersey
The mysterious English/Australian/South African/Indian (both West and regular) etc
game of Cricket being played by Americans!
Pity they forgot the scoreboard!
But they are at least dressed correctly in "whites"!
- There are two sides: one out in the field and one in.
- There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time
and they decide when the men who are in are out.
- Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out
he goes in.
- and the next man goes in until he's out.
- When they are all out, the side that's been in goes out and
tries to get those coming in out.
- Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
- When both sides have been in and out, including anyone not out,
both sides start going in and out again as they did the first time out.
- In some cases the side that's just been in comes out and instead
of coming in goes straight out again,
- This is known as "following on".
- After all these innings and outings have been sorted out.
- or when the sun goes in.
- the stumps are pulled out, everybody comes in and it's THE END
OF THE GAME.
Click on the label below for a great web ring site listing
many web sites for the great Canadian singer/songwriter Gordon Lightfoot